[Qgis-developer] Save dialog for plugin development

Giuseppe Sucameli sucameli at faunalia.it
Thu Jul 5 15:44:42 PDT 2012

Hi Rob,

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 9:30 PM, Rob Nickerson <rob.j.nickerson at gmail.com> wrote:
> I noted
> that gdal tools have a hard coded look up table. If this is the only way
> then can i suggest we bring such a table into the core so that all plugins
> can make use of it. Alternatively we switch to write to a memory layer -
> however I do not know how to do this...

you're right, GdalTools has a map containing all the drivers
informations, it gets everything from the gdal module but that
part was developed about 2 years ago as workaround for some
old QGis bugs.

Have a look at QgsVectorFileWriter static methods,
supportedFiltersAndFormats() [1] should be the one you need.

Regards.

[1] http://qgis.org/api/classQgsVectorFileWriter.html#a6a21cf775f777b9ed4ba445db33aa08d

--
Giuseppe Sucameli - Faunalia