[Qgis-developer] QGIS allocation error after upgrade to 1.8.0

Daniel Lee lee at isi-solutions.org
Mon Jul 9 14:35:07 PDT 2012

Dear list,

As this is my first post to this list, first of all hello ;)

I'm really excited about the new version of QGIS. Working with OpenSUSE
12.1 64-bit, I upgraded from the Geo repository to 1.8.0. Now, however,
QGIS won't start. On the CL I get the following error:

qgis
Warning: loading of qgis translation failed
[/usr/share/qgis/i18n//qgis_en_US]
Warning: loading of qt translation failed
[/usr/share/qt4/translations/qt_en_US]
qgis: siplib.c:10965: sipEnumType_alloc: Assertion
`(((currentType)->td_flags & 0x0007) == 0x0003)' failed.
Aborted

The splash screen pops up briefly but dies as soon as the process is
aborted. I'm also not able to find the library in question - does anybody
know of a way of fixing this? Thanks a bunch!

Daniel

--

B.Sc. Daniel Lee
Geschäftsführung für Forschung und Entwicklung

Softwarecenter 3
35037 Marburg
Festnetz: +49 6421 379 6256
Mobil: +49 176 6127 7269