[Qgis-developer] Clarifying access to non geographical datas

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 06:05:23 PDT 2012

Well it wasn't one button with a dialog like what I have in mind but a
single button as a drop down menu.  So it only de-cluttered the
toolbar but didn't solve the real issue of having heaps of buttons.

For me it's not the 8 buttons but rather the 8 different dialogs that
you get, this just leads to user confusion and frustration when an
option is in one but not in the other, or the UIs are similar but
different enough to make you think. UI consistency is the one thing we
should aim for when designing this kind of stuff.

You could still have 8 buttons with my dialog they would just be
shortcuts to select that root node as active e.g. Clicking Open
PostGIS Layer would open the dialog and select the PostGIS root node,
but this is just a waste of space IMO.

- Nathan