[Qgis-developer] What will be in QGIS 2.0

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Jul 11 04:34:57 PDT 2012

Il 11/07/2012 13:26, Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> In terms of decrufting, it would be good to remove all the duplicated items:
>
> - twin labelling systems
> - unified add layer dialogs
> - twin symbology systems
> - about 15 ways to generate hillshades
> - too many toolbars / icons by default
> - remove all deprecated calls from the API

Agreed, removing duplicates is important, and will need a fair amount of work.
I would add twin diagrams.
As for the analytical part, I'm not so sure duplication is bad: every backend has its
strengths, and it is not uncommon to get different results with different methods, so
this is actually a way to better check your results.
Also, unified layer loading, as discussed recently, seems important.
More generally, I would think users need more polishing than new features.

All the best, and thanks for bringing this over.
--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu