[Qgis-developer] What will be in QGIS 2.0

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 00:45:17 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 11, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> API is already broken .....

While I agree with all the suggestions to cleanup GUI, I think that
GUI changes may be also done after 2.0 release, in minor releases and
continuously. API changes may not! IMO, in 2.0 we should focus on API
cleanup instead of GUI.

I have doubts for example, if the quantity of circular dependencies is
good. See for example
http://qgis.org/api/classQgsMapCanvas.html

We should probably run some code analysis tools on source. Anybody
already done that?

> Personally I was thinking / hoping we could do a 2.0 release by year's end.

Do you also mean the end of 2013? That seems feasible.

Radim