[Qgis-developer] WCS and Raster improvements for QGIS

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Thu Jul 12 06:44:59 PDT 2012

Hi

On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 12, 2012 at 02:47:32PM +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
>
>> I also like the requirement to have tests.
>
> Yah, me too !
> It's really good to see all those tests as part of the plan :)
>
> Thanks to everyone involved in this !

Yes writing tests into the project plan and explaining the value of
investing in them to the clients is the way to go! In this case it was
an easy sell since we are using the work in the project to build
software that 'must just work' and having tests will be critical in
providing that assurance. That said I think in all cases, if a client
has paid for something the will want to know that it 'just works and
keeps working down the line' too. Hopefully other QGIS developers who
are creating contracts will follow suite....

Regards

Tim

> --strk;

>   |   __/  |    Delivering high quality PostGIS 2.1
>   |  / 2.1 |    http://strk.keybit.net - http://vizzuality.com

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux