[Qgis-developer] WCS and Raster improvements for QGIS

Even Rouault even.rouault at mines-paris.org
Thu Jul 12 06:51:50 PDT 2012

> Yes - Radim already made a first pass implementation using GDAL WCS
> though he said there were some problems with it - I think the most
> critical being that it doesn't support proxy access (I am speaking
> under correction here as I haven't looked into it in that much detail
> myself).

This should be rather easy to add. It is just a matter of setting the right
option to CPLHTTPFetch() (and thus the curl library), namely :

<li>PROXY=val, to make requests go through a proxy server, where val is of the
    form proxy.server.com:port_number
<li>PROXYUSERPWD=val, where val is of the form username:password

Note: They can also already be used by setting the GDAL_HTTP_PROXY and
GDAL_HTTP_PROXYUSERPWD configuration options/environmenet variable, which will
act on all GDAL/OGR drivers that go through the CPLHTTPFetch() function.

I see Radim is already a GDAL committer, so there shouldn't be too much overhead
if he wants to hack in the WCS driver.