[Qgis-developer] GPS Tools strange behavior

Pedro Venâncio pedrongvenancio at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 14 03:31:33 PDT 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to download data from a Garmin GPSMAP 60CS with the GPS Tools and I'm faced with a strange and erratic behavior. I can not find a pattern.

I leave here a screencast: http://goo.gl/lofgh

With gpsbabel from the command line, everything works fine.

With the GPS Tools, using the arguments %babel and %out, it does not work, as you can see in the screencast, or because it freezes QGIS, or because it shows the message "The layer (...) is not a valid layer and can not be added to the map".

Putting the full command on the "Waypoint download" field (gpsbabel -w -i garmin -o gpx -f usb: -F /home/pedro/waypoints/wpt2.gpx), it works sometimes, while other times it downloads the data and creates the .gpx file, but freezes and the only option is to force close the tool, which makes QGIS crash.

Has anyone had this problem?

I am using Xubuntu 12.04 and QGIS master.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Pedro Venâncio