[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Problem with "add postgis layers" in qgis 1.80

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 11:17:42 PDT 2012

A more generic question - is there a way that we could implement a
generic mechanism for stopping a processing that takes forever, such
as

- Identify tool in a *very* large vector layer
- unresponsive WMS server (when opened in the browser dock)

I would like to be able to be able to cancel such actions, for example
wit the Esc key. Currently when this happens I have to kill the qgis
application which is rather extreme.

Would this require running processes in a thread, or is there a way QT
can listen for a specific event and cancel whatever is happening,
returning to a "inactive" application?

Etienne