[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Fwd: qgis 1.8 on MAC: Problem with qwt and more

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 14:32:40 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 6:22 PM, Agustin Lobo <alobolistas at gmail.com> wrote:
> Etienne,
> 2012/7/24 Etienne Tourigny <etourigny.dev at gmail.com>:
>> Uploaded 0.4.0 as experimental to the main plugin repos.  Those
>> interested please test and report here or in the valuetool bugtracker.
>> Also any feedback on the resolved bugs (#4905, #4798, #4796) is
>> appreciated.
>>

> I've been out in the field for few days, sorry for coming late to this part of
> the discussion.
>
> MacOSX: The axes of the graph are drawn, but the following message:
> "There are no statistics in the following rasters:
> TTC1312v2
> Calculate?"
>
> is displayed over and over no matter the user answers Yes or No.
> The user has to bring the message outside the map area (over the
> Layers list) but then either answering Yes or No Qgis crashes.
> If the user does not answer the message over the map area but brings
> it to the Layer list area and then
> answers either Yes or No, the graphic is displayed and the plugin works.

This seems like a mac problem, Larry reported the same problem with
0.3.6 (without matplotlib) but not with 0.4.0

Sorry but I don't have a mac, so it's hard for me to fix this.

> The matplotlib option is not present.

that's because qwt is not found - so it uses matplotlib. If qwt is not
found, but matplotlib is, then it uses qwt and there is no choice.

> Linux (ubuntu 11:04). Plugin version 0.4.0
> Works fine with both qwt and matplotlib, although much faster with Qwt
> (but speed is not
> a concern here, the graphics are displayed for thinking a while).

I didn't really look into the performance of matplotlib vs. qwt

> Answering Yes or No has the same consequence: the stats are calculated
> and the graph is displayed

I'll look into that - probably related to the bug you experience.