[Qgis-developer] upgrading core plugins

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Jul 24 23:20:13 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 11:13:23PM +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 4:13 PM, Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com> wrote:
>
> > Concerning replication of the core plugins to repositories at
> > plugins.qgis.org, maybe setting up each as a git submodule would help
> > with this? While this will add complexity to the git setup, it allows
> > for independent (but shared) repository commits and pushes to multiple
> > remotes.
>
> Only downside to this is that I have never yet met someone who had
> something good to say about using git submodules....

FWIW: I've been playing with submodules and I found them to be a useful
tool to track external code while still keeping control over exact version
to use.

No opinion about using submodules for qgis plugins: not sure I see
the rationale for it, and I'm afraid that would mean forcing developers
to use "git" for their work...

--strk;