[Qgis-developer] Changing the structure of the SEXTANTE repository

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 05:41:33 PDT 2012

Hi all

As you might know, there are now two main version of SEXTANTE: A Java
one, used by several GIS apps, and a Python one used by QGIS. They are
rather different, and they coexist in the SEXTANTE repository (the
QGIS version can be found in the "bindings" folder). The structure of
the SVN repository was created when there was only a Java version, but
might not be the best one now, and can confuse users and developers.
For this reason, we are thinking about making a small change and
putting two folders in the root folder of the repo: "java" and
"python", so it is easier to find the version you are looking for and
they get clearly separated.

Before doing that, we would like to hear what you think. If you have
anything to say, please tell us, so we can do this in the best
possible way. Suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks in advance

Victor