[Qgis-developer] Cast your vote: Default icon theme for QGIS 2.0

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sun Jul 29 01:28:51 PDT 2012

Hi

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 9:08 AM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> apart the discussion about default theme, it is not clear to me where
> to add a new icon. Current situation:
>
> 4 themes:
> * default - is used if an icon in preferred theme does not exist
> * classic
> * gis
> * nkids - deprecated, will be removed in 2.0 IIRC

I was actually going to make the slightly contentious suggestion that
we completely drop icon theme support becuase:

- we can focus on one really great theme
- we can great a more unified look throughout
- we can ditch code an maintain less code infrastructure

Probably there are more good reasons for and against. It seems clear
GIS theme is preferred theme for the future, why not make it the
*only* theme?

Regards

Tim

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net