[Qgis-developer] Backporting fixes to 1.8

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Mon Jul 30 07:53:00 PDT 2012

Hi

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Ivan Mincik <ivan.mincik at gmail.com> wrote:
> Werner thanks for information. I mean patches like this one [1], which
> maybe does not depend on broken API.
>

> Anyway, thanks for your work.
>

> [1] -
> https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/commit/35e53702dd8650053db0aadf0455c282da64025c

The short answer is that we all agreed in Lyon that we will focus all
our effort on getting 2.0 out - we are a small team of people and we
simply lack the manpower to maintain multiple versions at the moment.
Hopefully this will change in the future once megacorp decides to
sponsor ongoing maintenance of stable branches etc.

Regards

Tim

> --
> Ivan Mincik