[Qgis-developer] Cast your vote: Default icon theme for QGIS 2.0

Robert Szczepanek robert at szczepanek.pl
Mon Jul 30 16:11:25 PDT 2012

Hi,
On 26.07.2012 20:39, haubourg wrote:
> Hi,
> my opinion is somewhere between Larry's and Yve's..
> GIS theme has two main drawbacks IMHO:
>
> 1. Global render of toolbars is a cold blue - gray, in opposite of all QGIS
> relate support, that are colorfull (sites, GUI). It looks very old school
> GIS to me.. My wife, who likes painting, and sometimes uses QGIS at work,
> clearly vote for current theme..

This is first version of icons and I concentrated mainly on content.
Content should be clear without colours.
1. Not everyone can recognize colours.
2. Colour should have some meaning, unless we make just nice images. We
still don't have such colour table.

> 2. Shapes of icons are too 'edgy' and complex to me, so difficult to read

Sharpness was the assumption at this version, and icons were designed in
final rendering size.
Complexity will be improved in next versions. I hope so.

> Just a thougth, GIS zoom tools are leaning to the right, whereas current
> tools are leaning to the left. I find it.. strange (I right hand writer).

I decided to use right bottom part of icons for actions. That's the reason.

regards,
Robert