[Qgis-developer] Releasing 1.8

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Fri Jun 1 11:23:31 PDT 2012

Hi,

> It seems to me that the package is in good shape. All blocking issues are fixed,
> apart from a dubious one:
> http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5692
> Should we go on and releasing 1.8?

I agree,

in the last days a few regressions have surfaced but thanks to the
effort of many people they have been fixed.

Today it has been reported #5692 that would need a check by OsX users
and packagers as it seem to occur only on Mac.

The list of the other "outstanding issues" (issues "causing crash or
data corruption" that are not regressions since 1.7.4) is also not too
bad. It would be nice to have look to this
http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5239 (interpolation causes crash) that has
a patch attached and also to this http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4819
(identify causes freeze).

cheers