[Qgis-developer] Releasing 1.8

Charlie Sharpsteen chuck at sharpsteen.net
Fri Jun 1 12:00:35 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 1, 2012 at 11:23 AM, Giovanni Manghi <
giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > It seems to me that the package is in good shape. All blocking issues
> are fixed,
> > apart from a dubious one:
> > http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5692
> > Should we go on and releasing 1.8?
>
> I agree,
>
> in the last days a few regressions have surfaced but thanks to the
> effort of many people they have been fixed.
>
> Today it has been reported #5692 that would need a check by OsX users
> and packagers as it seem to occur only on Mac.

I have also been getting build errors from the master branch on several OS
X installations due to misconfigured library loading paths:

[ 39%] Building CXX object
src/gui/CMakeFiles/qgis_gui.dir/symbology-ng/qgssinglesymbolrendererv2widget.cpp.o
dyld: Library not loaded:
@executable_path/../Frameworks/qgis_core.framework/Versions/1.8/qgis_core
  Referenced from:
/private/tmp/homebrew-qgis-HEAD-MyK5/build/src/crssync/../../output/bin/crssync
  Reason: image not found

I'll try to dig in this weekend and nail the problem down.

-Charlie