[Qgis-developer] fTools version masking

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Thu Jun 7 04:57:31 PDT 2012

Hi Alexander,

On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 5:41 AM, Alexander Bruy <alexander.bruy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Larry,
>
> this is because some time ago, when QGIS has version around 0.11,
> fTools was not core plugin, but 3rd part one. Later, it was accepted to
> core, but also remain available in Carson's repo. Now all development
> on fTools is done in master.

I'm aware of this, but thank you for the clear explanation.

> AFAIK, fTools bundled with QGIS has correct version, but in repository
> we have an old version which have same number (0.6.1). I ask Carson
> several times about fTools version from his repo but unfortunately get
> no response.

The version should still be updated in master, though, right? The same
problem exists for GdalTools, as well.

Incrementing the version number, at least for 1.8 release, would help
notify users who still have same (but outdated) versions of those
plugins installed in their user's plugin directory (like I did).

Regards,

Larry