[Qgis-developer] Plugin SRTM import produces points with no data. Anyone Confirms ?

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 06:10:03 PDT 2012

Hi Anita,

Thanks for your quick reply.
I used to use the raw SRTM files you pointed out, but since I saw this
plugin, I was curious and tried it.
I think the author's aim was to make it easy to get the data corresponding
to your project extent for you : no need to go to some webpage, choose the
right file, etc.
I guess before Qgis raster OTF reprojection, it maked also sense to let the
plugin reproject the data in your project SRS.

This is why I was a bit surprised discovering it converted srtm into vector.

Michael