[Qgis-developer] Raster resampler branch merged

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Thu Jun 14 02:00:47 PDT 2012

Hi all

The raster_resampler branch is now merged. The following things are new:

- For users: resampling functionality, changed GUI in the raster
properties tab

- For developers: There is a new class QgsRasterRenderer which decides
how a raster is drawn. Each renderer has its own dialog to enter the
settings and it is possible to define new renderer classes in the core
or in plugins (they need to register in QgsRasterRendererRegistry).

Note that the raster resampler branch changes the project file format.
1.7 project files are automatically transformed into the new format by
the function QgsProjectFileTransform::transform1700to1800. This means
that project files from 1.8 are not automatically transformed. My
suggestion is to define the current version as 1.8.1, then I may change
the transform logic to also include 1.8 project files. Any objections?

There are a number of existing bug tracker tickets about raster
symbology. Please check if they are still true with the current version
and assign them to me. And of course I also expect new issues popping
up, so fill new tickets for them.

Regards,
Marco

--
Dr. Marco Hugentobler
Sourcepole -  Linux&  Open Source Solutions