[Qgis-developer] How to best contribute small modifications?

欧阳乐岩 ouyang.leyan at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 15 19:20:04 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I use QGIS almost everyday in my job and I love it. However, I think
there are a lot of little things to fix to have a more coherent and
intuitive interface and I encounter a lot of frustrating small issues in
my normal use. I already filed a few bug reports with a small patch to
correct the issues I saw:

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/4453 (8 months ago)

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5641 (21 days ago)

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5718 (13 days ago)

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5726 (13 days ago)

However, these bug reports and patches did not elicit any answer, not
even rejection or criticism. What is the reason ? I tried to explain the
issue clearly and to provide a clean patch, but I may have botched
something. Did they simply go through the cracks ? Did I do something
wrong ? Should I provide more information ? Should I contribute in
another way (pull request from git ? they seemed too small for that)

I still have other bugs and small features that I would like to work on
(symbology is especially frustrating to work with), but I do not want to
waste too much time if the contribution is never used. In my opinion,
this kind of polishing is what QGIS lacks the most at the moment so I
would really like to find a way to contribute back!

Regards,

Leyan