[Qgis-developer] Unit tests failing - a heartfelt plea

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 00:18:24 PDT 2012

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Radim Blazek <radim.blazek at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I wanted to bisect the first wrong commit after 1.8 but I found that
>> final-1_8_0 also fails in qgis_rasterlayertest and qgis_rendererstest.
>> Is it possible? Release was made with broken tests? Is it my local
>> problem? Are the tests independent of user settings?
>>
>> OTOH, the results for final-1_8_0 of qgis_rasterlayertest are much
>> better than latest master.
>>

> Can you run make Experimental and then share the link to your uploaded
> test for 1.8.0? Probably you have small rendering anomalies which
> cause the tests to fail - we can add the test results to the anomalies
> list if this is the case.

Here it is http://dash.orfeo-toolbox.org/viewTest.php?buildid=87438
it looks interesting. In the first raster test called 'raster', some
columns are wider, some others are narrower. In following raster
tests, the problem may be the same (columns and rows somehow shifted).

There is a lot of other fails but those seems to be false alarms,
tests pass ok, but then it crashes, probably.

Radim