[Qgis-developer] GGL2 - QGIS integration

Fernando González fergonco at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 00:48:27 PDT 2012

Hi Paolo.

About the UI, we want to have a console so that the user can type the
script and hit a "play" button.  Similar to the "Consola GGL" panel
towards the end of this video[1]. That's the previous version of the
language, which was based in SQL.

Appart of the UI, a qgis plugin must be created that exchanges
messages with the GGL compiler in order to show results and inform the
compiler about the layers loaded in qgis, etc. This approach already
works in gvSIG. You can see how does it looks like from the user point
of view here[2] and the technical details here[3].

I hope I've answered your question.

Regards.

[1] http://www.gearscape.org/html/course/ejemploggl.htm
[2] http://www.gearscape.org/html/ggl2/tutorials/gis_interaction.html