[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] QGIS 1.8 quits while loading layers

Giovanni Manghi giovanni.manghi at faunalia.pt
Mon Jun 18 08:35:11 PDT 2012

Hi,

> So, it's causing a segmentation fault when it can't find a data
> source?
> Seems extreme. Could be handled better? I know this other GIS software
> that does it differently ...

I just tested with a vector and a raster and in my case it shows the
usual "handle bad layers" dialog, plus

ERROR 4:
`/media/436dc38a-c791-4a29-92e8-1506d42f2a9d/gio/UBC_filipe/dem_move_clipped.tif' does not exist in the file system,
and is not recognised as a supported dataset name.

or

ERROR 10: Pointer 'hDS' is NULL in 'OGR_DS_Destroy'.

in the terminal, but no crashes whatsoever.

cheers!

-- Giovanni --