[Qgis-developer] GGL2 - QGIS integration

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Wed Jun 20 05:56:53 PDT 2012

Hi

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 1:05 PM, G. Allegri <giohappy at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are there any plans to make a C++ or Python port of GGL? From looking
>> at the website it looks like the user will need java on their system
>> to use it?
>

> AFAIU the plan are to keep it in Java, at now. The QGis integration idea
> are:
>
> 1 - a plugin to "serve" QGis as a GIS to GGL2 (read/load layers)
> 2 - (if they're will be foundings) run GGL2 commands from Sextante.
>
> It would be nice to have a C++/Python porting, but it would require a lot of
> coding, I suppose...

I guess its obvious why I asked, but in case it isn't, GGL seems
really cool, like something that we should ship with QGIS and SEXTANTE
but the java depency will probably always relegate it to a non-bundled
functionality (unless we can get broad agreement to make java a
dependency on your system when installing QGIS).

Regards

Tim

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net