[Qgis-developer] QgsRasterLayer::bandStatistics

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Mon Jun 25 00:39:00 PDT 2012

Hi

While fixing the raster issues (in a branch), I'm trying to clean out
the raster layer class. Especially, I'm trying to remove symbology
related elements from the raster layer (like mRedBandName etc.) and have
the symbology only in the renderers .

Now I'm not sure what to do with the band statistics. QgsRasterLayer
stores and caches QgsRasterBandStats. However I see in the gdal provider
that GDAL caches the statistics as well. So my question is if it is ok
to remove the statistics related members in QgsRasterLayer and go
directly to the raster providers. Or is there a reason to have it on
layer level that I missed?

Regards,
Marco

--