[Qgis-developer] TauDEM

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 00:40:53 PDT 2012

Hi Paolo, hi all.

Right, I'm working on integrating TauDEM (hydrology analysis tools)
in QGIS. The work is almost done, only few minor things left and I
hope to release it this or next week.

As we now have great SEXTANTE framework I decide to integrate this
tools using SEXTANTE. This approach has several advantages, for
example it is easy to create models and run several analysises in one
pass.

Unfortunatelly precompiled TauDEM tools currently available only for
Windows platform. I contacted David (TauDEM author) but he uses
Windows and can't provide Linux binaries. Also to build tools under
Linux small patching is necessary (already submitted to David). I
already prepare SlackBuild scripts for Slackware and will be happy to
help with Debian packaging, but as I'm not Debian user I need some
assistance. Also I thinking about OSGeo4W package, but still unsure
about this as Windows binaries already available for TauDEM homepage.

If there are any additional questions, I'll try to answer.

2012/6/26 Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:
> Hi all.
> I have just read about Alex efforts[0] to bring taudem[1] into QGIS.
> Quite interesting- Alex, can you tell us more about this?
> Will the integration be a separate plugin, or integrated into sextante?
> I have seen that taudem is not packaged for Debian - I guess this will be a
> major limitation for the usability of the plugin. Any plan to overcome this?
> All the best, and thanks.
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
> www.faunalia.eu