[Qgis-developer] running qgis from build directory issues

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 05:15:11 PDT 2012

Hi Etienne

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Etienne Tourigny
<etourigny.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am running qgis from the build directory (says build-debug inside
> the source folder) with the command ./bin.output/qgis and I run into 2
> issues.
>
> First I get a pop-up window "Python Error" about missing sextante with
> text below[1].
> Disabling sextante did not help but uninstalling sextante resolves it.
> No other plugins complain.

This is partly a problem of Sextante and partly QGIS problem:
- sextante should not try to do anything in __init__.py (e.g. imports)
- the imports should be moved into classFactory() so that nothing
happens unless the plugin is explicitly started. (this problem will go
away once we stop using metadata from __init__.py and only use them
from metadata.txt)
- when QGIS is run from build directory, it doesn't copy the internal
python plugins to the build output directory - that's why sextante is
complaining about missing plugin installer. We should probably fix
that in order to provide an environment that is as similar to the
installed one as possible

> Second when I exit qgis I get a segfault :
> *** glibc detected *** ./output/bin/qgis: corrupted double-linked
> list: 0x000000000312e6f0 ***
> [...]
>
> gdb backtrace below [2]

Not sure about that, if you are running latest main branch maybe that
is a side-effect of recent raster refactoring?

Martin