[Qgis-developer] help for a cpp newbie

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 23:45:32 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I am (almost) a complete newbie in c++. I am trying to get into it, by
adding a new edit type for vector layers. I am adding something similar
to valuerelation to have multi-attribute edit type (using a join table
and an attribute table).

Basically, I reused almost exactly the same code as valuerelation, at
first. It won't give anything working, but it allows me to learn.

I can compile, but when I run qgis, I have this python error at launch:

ImportError: /home/denis/opt/builds2/share/qgis/python/qgis/core.so:
undefined symbol: _ZN10QgsProject21setTopologicalEditingEb

Then, when I opened the layer properties dialog and I try to change the
edit type, QGIS crashes and I have the following output in the terminal:
symbol lookup error: /home/denis/opt/builds2/bin/qgis: undefined symbol:
_ZN14QgsVectorLayer14multiAttributeEi

I found a similar error on the list
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2012-May/020401.html,
but uninstalling and deleting the share directory did nothing.

Does someone has any idea on what could be going wrong?

Thanks

Denis