[Qgis-developer] Plugins update

Alexander Bruy alexander.bruy at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 08:15:37 PDT 2012

2012/6/29 Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:
>> Only Metatools plugin still in GIS-Lab repo, because it
>> contains 3rd party binaries (FGDC editor and validator)
>>
> Oh, I didn't realize this. Not very good news - can you tell us more about this? Is
> the dependency avoidable? Can the binary be replaced?

This binaries are temporarily used for FGDC metadata support. In future FGDC
support will be native, but I can't exactly say when.

This dependency can be removed and FGDC support disabled. Or alternatively
we can exclude binaries and add note to the documentation. So users will need
to download them and put into plugin folder

--
Alexander Bruy