[Qgis-developer] creating global actions (like macros)

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 05:12:43 EST 2012

Hi all,
I don't know if this has been already suggested/asked before, and I don't
know if it's already available somehow.
I feel there is a hole between Layer Actions and Plugins, which various
softwares fill with Macros (like OO StarBasic, Mapinfo's MapBasic, etc.).
It would be nice to be able to write Macros, like in Actions, but on a
application level and not bounded to a layer.
The plus would be to let the user assign Macros to custom menu items...
The last step would be being able to call plugin methods.

Ok, one step at a time :)
First question: have I missed this option, is it already available?
Second question: what do you think about it?

giovanni