[Qgis-developer] creating global actions (like macros)

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 05:50:39 EST 2012

The same you can do with plugins... but in an easier way :)

Two use cases:

1) Let the user do data management on layers. E.g. load layers, apply
symbologies, etc.
These operations are not bounded to a specific layer. They should be
available as "Global Actions".

2) Let's suppose I create a plugin with some utility functions, e.g. to do
analysis, data management, etc.
I would like to give the end-user the opportunity to use them, but without
the need to create a plugin (it's still too difficult for the end-user).

giovanni