[Qgis-developer] featureAdded SIGNAL not being emitted in 1.9.90 ?

Peter Wells peter.wells at lutraconsulting.co.uk
Thu Mar 8 08:42:32 EST 2012

Hi All,

I'm writing a plugin (python) for the latest QGIS stable and wanted to make
use of QgsVectorLayer's geometryChanged signal which I noticed says 'added
in 1.9' or similar in the code.

My plugin already makes use of the featureAdded signal in 1.7.4 which works
fine.

I installed 1.9.90 (yesterday) through the OSGeo4W installer, tried to
connect to the geometryChanged signal but noticed instead that featureAdded
no longer works.  It seems that this signal is no longer emitted in the
trunk version.

Ideally I'd like to be able to use the featureAdded, featureDeleted and
geometryChanged signals.

Can anyone shed any light on why featureAdded has stopped working?

Looking forward to hearing your comments.

Kind regards,

Pete

Peter Wells

Lutra Consulting
23 Chestnut Close, Burgess Hill, RH15 8HN
 <http://www.lutraconsulting.co.uk> www.lutraconsulting.co.uk
Tel:  +44 (0)1444 848012
Mob:  +44 (0)7704 781683
SIP:  1507403 at sipgate.co.uk