[Qgis-developer] Removing old labelling / polygons (in 1.9)

bernhard.stroebl at jena.de bernhard.stroebl at jena.de
Mon Mar 12 04:00:37 EDT 2012

Am 11.03.2012 20:51, schrieb Martin Dobias:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Mayeul Kauffmann
> <mayeul.kauffmann at free.fr>  wrote:
>> I also experienced problems with new labelling for polygons.
>> Even when you set new labelling to try only one position, and stay on
>> centroid, labels still move when you pan. They kind of stay on the
>> centroid of the *visible* part of the area.
>> It is annoying when generating tiles with qgis server: you can get
>> duplicated or cut labels.
>> Users have difficulty with this and sometimes the only option is the old
>> labelling.
>
> Hi Mayeul
>
> so maybe you only need an option to tell qgis that features should not
> be clipped to current extent before labeling?
>
> Martin

Hi Martin,

as I am tiling with QGIS-server, too, your suggestion might solve the
labelling problem and another problem I realized recently: I have a SVG
fill for polygons and I experienced cut fills at tile edges. I would
expect the fill to be on the same place all the time (map units used for
sizing). So if you could easily change this I would like to give it a try.

Bernhard