[Qgis-developer] Qgis-mapserver - SLD within WMS GetMap request

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Mon Mar 12 16:51:33 EDT 2012

Hi,

   I'm using qgis-mapserv with QGis 1.7.4 on Ubuntu 10.04, using the
ubuntugis-unstable package.

   I'm currently trying to do a WMS GetMap request with a SLD_BODY
parameter set with a simple SLD document.  Problem is, I always get the
original style of the features defined in the .qgs file instead of the
one defined in the SLD.  Setting a SLD parameter instead pointing to a
copy of the file doesn't do anything either.  I looked around for clues
but didn't find any.  I attached a copy of the SLD document in question
(without a filter) and with with a filter.  My real test-case requires
the filter and it's entirely built using OpenLayers.Format.SLD, so its
content needs to be dynamic from a webmapping client application.

   I already got help on IRC from Tim, and he mentioned that Marco
should be the one knowing the answer to my issue.  SLD_BODY doesn't seem
to be supported in qgis-mapserv.

Thanks a lot (and a special thanks to Tim for his IRC support),

--
Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears