[Qgis-developer] Re: Scripting QGIS from the outside using Python

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Mon Mar 19 09:31:20 EDT 2012

Hi

>1.)Load vector points from POSTGIS

This is possible with the python bindings (QgisInterface.addVectorLayer)

>2.)TIN creation with points

This is possible with QGIS (DualEdgeTriangulation in qgis_analysis, used
by interpolation plugin). There is however no python binding for it, so
only accessible for C++ plugins.

>3.)Contour extraction from TIN

This can only be done indirectly by interpolating the TIN to a raster
and then use GDAL contour (linking to GDAL library).

Regards,
Marco