[Qgis-developer] Data capture in QGIS with offline PostGIS

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 01:58:00 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm currently looking at building a data collection program based on QGIS.
One of the requirements is that it must have an offline datastore with
syncing to the server on demand/timed.

I have tried the Offline editing plugin but it's not quite what I was
looking for.  More looking for something that you press once and it syncs
all the changes from upstream and downstream but leaves the project
offline.  The offline plugin currently returns the project to a online
state when used and recreates the database when going offline again.

Does anyone know of anything I can use with PostGIS? I have been looking at
Postgres replication but it's looking like a real pain in the neck to setup.

Regards,
Nathan