[Qgis-developer] Feature freeze for 1.8 - 31 March 23h59 GMT 2012

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Wed Mar 21 15:18:39 EDT 2012

Dear All

Well its been a long while (too long for some, not long enough for
others I guess) but it is time to wrap up 1.8. Some people have asked
that we do release candidates etc and generally take things a little
slower before labelling 1.8 as 'stable'. To that end, I will aim to do
one or more release candidates before the final 1.8 release. I would
like to do the first RC release during the Lyon hackfest so we need to
kick things into gear:

* if you have any outstanding features or api extensions (no breakages
please) that are not yet patched / backported into the 1.8 branch
pleased do so as before 31 March 23h59 GMT 2012 to make sure your
features make it into the release.
* string freeze will take effect from the day before the hackfest
starts i.e. 11 April 23h59 GMT2012 after which point only bug fixes
will be accepted in the 1.8 branch.
* I will put out the RC during the Lyon meetup, and we will allow
translation contributions and bug fixes to continue until the point
where we decide we are going to put out 1.8 final

Does anyone have thoughts on a nice name and logo for the 1.8 release?
Candidates might be Lisbon, Zurich, Lyon or something different?

 * QGIS programming and support services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux
Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net