[Qgis-developer] Re: QGIS Processing Framework

Camilo Polymeris cpolymeris at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 14:39:12 EDT 2012

>> [0] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/qgis-developer/2012-March/018823.html
>> [1] http://code.google.com/p/sextante/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2Fsoft%2Fbindings%2Fqgis-plugin
>>
> Sure, having two frameworks makes no sense.
> Anyone had the time to check the new sextante implementation?

If I understand correctly, Сергей is proposing integrating sextante
into the existing framework, not necessarily duplicating anything.

I was thinking of applying to this year's GSoC with a project to
polish the QGIS Processing Framework, specifically:

a) Address some long standing issues, like running modules in separate
threads & deciding how to handle output layers.

b) Completing support for tables, pointcloud, SAGA modules.

c) Overall a nicer interface.

In this process, things can be changed to be make it easier to
interface with Sextante or other tools.

Regards,

Camilo