[Qgis-developer] QgsPythonRunner and multiline command

Giuseppe Sucameli brush.tyler at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 20:29:53 EDT 2012

Hi Tim,

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 9:45 PM, Tim Sutton <lists at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> Multiline python support in actions would be nice

good to know you like it.

> a work around I guess you can import a module and execute
> a function in it passing action params to it.

That's a possible work around, but creating a new file is very
annoying when you want to write only few lines of code.
In addition a user can find difficulty in loading a module,
especially if they don't know how to correctly setup python to
find their modules.

Obviously using python in actions requires some knowledge (e.g.
to know python syntax), but users usually search and adapt a
working script.

Sometimes puts more python commands in just one line of
code can require more skills than compile QGis on Windows
w/o getting dependencies from OSGeo4W :)

Cheers!

--
Giuseppe Sucameli