[Qgis-developer] Oracle Spatial Driver

Jürgen E. Fischer jef at norbit.de
Fri Mar 30 05:29:49 EDT 2012

Hi Tim,

On Fri, 30. Mar 2012 at 11:02:10 +0200, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Yes it would be good to research this. We may also amend the license
> to make a special linking exception for this case if we decide it is
> in our best interests. Or maybe there is some free oracle library like
> FreeTDS for MSSSQL?

That's would require all authors to agree on that, wouldn't it?

Anyway, the MSSQL provider uses QODBC and the Oracle provider could do the
same.  So we wouldn't need to directly link or ship anything from Oracle.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
IRC: jef on FreeNode                         committ(ed|ing) to Quantum GIS

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden