[Qgis-developer] Information request

luca paganotti luca.paganotti at gmail.com
Wed May 2 02:26:36 PDT 2012

Hi list,

I'm trying to follow a qgis development tutorial I've found on qgis site
(the coding and compilation guide). This document is targeting version 1.6
'Copiapò'. I'm trying to use qgis-devel package I've installed on my fedora
16 linux box inside eclipse indigo. Al packages I've installed come from
fedora official repositories. Qgis is versioned as 1.7.x

Maybe I'm facing a trivial question.

I'm trying to build a simple application similar to that described in
'Creating C++ Application' chapter.

The example code cites:

#include <qgsapplication.h>

The build gives an error located in qgis include files:
qgsapplication.h includes Qt application class via this include statement:

#include <QApplication>

eclipse is complaining that QApplication can't be found. I'm not able to
locate such a file on my filesystem.

What am I missing?

It seems that qgis-devel and Qt installed on my machine are not in sync, or
that I'm missing some step in building my application due to the fact that
I'm new to Qt and qgis development.

Any kind of help is kindly wellcome.

Best regards.

Luca Paganotti