[Qgis-developer] Editing rst files

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Sat May 5 09:35:41 PDT 2012

On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 8:41 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>wrote:

>  Il 05/05/2012 15:05, Nathan Woodrow ha scritto:
>
> There is also a good collection of editors here
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2746692/restructuredtext-tool-support
>
> On Sat, May 5, 2012 at 11:02 PM, Salvatore Larosa <lrssvtml at gmail.com>wrote:
>

>> I suggest this: http://urlin.it/2f8e0
>> light and usefull!
>>
>> All the best,
>>
>   Salavtore: this one seems to work, thanks.
> Nathan: thanks for the link, but it's outdated (e.g. no gedit3 support for
> rst, unfortunately), and I think it will be confusing for newbies. Are we
> going to select suggest a couple of tools for our writers?
> For now the simplest options seem vim and retext, right?
> All the best.

@Salvatore - ReText has a very nice live preview. Fails on sphinx docs
right now, though.

Currently, I use Eric4, which offers syntax-highlighting via Pygments
package for rst. Since I am reimplementing many features of Eric4's text
editor in my Plugin Editor plugin, it also offers highlighting for rst
files, directly from within QGIS [0]. It looks like I could incorporate
ReText (since it is PyQt-based, and just a single file) into Plugin Editor,
as well (maybe second release). I'll have a beta release of Plugin Editor
ready within the next week or so.

[0] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4058089/qgis/plugin-editor_rst.png

Regards,

Larry Shaffer