[Qgis-developer] Re: build qgis in Windows - missing GEOS and PROJ.4

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Mon May 7 13:18:42 PDT 2012

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 3:49 PM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:
> Hi Etienne,
>
> On Mon, 07. May 2012 at 11:24:36 -0300, Etienne Tourigny wrote:
>> I do have  C:/OSGeo4W/lib/sqlite3_i.lib but it is not detected,
>> although the include is.
>
> Set the variables like in ms-windows/osgeo4w/package-nightly.cmd

I got everything (except spatialite) automatically detected by adding
this to the build batch script (which is mentioned in the INSTALL
docs)

  @set LIB_DIR=%LIB_DIR%;%OSGEO4W_ROOT%
  @set O4W_ROOT=%OSGEO4W_ROOT:\=/%
  call "%OSGEO4W_ROOT%\bin\o4w_env.bat"

I guess there is a "etc/ini/spatialite.bat" file that should be added
to osgeo4w so that spatialite is automatically detected

I will prepare a small patch for a batch script which works
automatically, I think this would be clearer and easier for new devs.

Cheers
Etienne

>> Where did you get spatialindex_i.lib from ? I did not find it in
>> osgeo4w installer and I had to download it from
>> http://download.osgeo.org/libspatialindex/libspatialindex-1.6.1-win32.zip
>> After copying them to osgeo4w dirs, it was found by cmake.
>> It would be great to have it added to osgeo4w!
>
> libspatialindex is already in osgeo4w.

Sorry, I overlooked it - I was looking for "spatialindex-dev"