[Qgis-developer] WCS

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Wed May 9 11:06:40 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Marco Hugentobler
<marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:
> Hi Radim
>
> Nice to have a WCS client in QGIS!
>
> If it goes via GDAL WCS driver, how does it work with Proxies (via libcurl?)
> Some poor users are sitting behind proxies, so it would be nice if the proxy
> settings from the options are applied to WCS client as well.

I forgot completely about proxies (apart getting capabilities). GDAL
WCS is using CPLHTTPFetch which should take PROXY and PROXYUSERPWD
options (>=GDAL 1.8.0) and set CURLOPT_PROXY and
CURLOPT_PROXYUSERPWD but other curl options like CURLOPT_PROXYUSERNAME
do not seem to be supported.

Radim