[Qgis-developer] WCS

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Wed May 9 23:51:23 PDT 2012

Hi

 >We need to get somehow data from (and to) providers to various raster
 >analytical tools (GDAL Tools is one of them)

Good point. A clean solution would probably mean to use only methods in
QgsRasterDataProvider interface to read data and pass it to the external
tools like that. Both raster providers and plugins for external
analytical tools can be added dynamically, so the provider interface is
a good way to have consistency.

At the moment, not even the QGIS native raster tools use the raster
provider interface (they have been written before the raster provider
redesign). Something that I need to change in the mid-term.

Regards,
Marco