[Qgis-developer] Content of plugins.qgis.org homepage

Giuseppe Sucameli brush.tyler at gmail.com
Thu May 10 10:32:59 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I'm wondering if I'm the only one who thinks the content of the QGis
Plugin Repository homepage [1] is obscure.

First of all I really don't understand why putting the "How to add a plugin
to this repo" section below the "Resources for plugins authors"...

Shouldn't the main purpose of the site be uploading and listing plugins?
+1 to have the "How to submit bug report" section in first position, but
"Resources for plugin authors" could be moved below IMHO.

BTW, the more incomprehensible thing IMHO is the list for the section
"How to add your plugin to this repository":

- first point: how to share a plugin (OK)

- second point: create a projection (OK)

- and third one? what's that??? It doesn't make sense to mix ZIP files, repo
on hub.qgis.org and GH repo, it just makes a lot of confusion IMHO.

The zip part should be moved to the first point (how to share a plugin)
and replaced in the third point by something like "do not use any code
repo", although using a repo should be strongly recommended.

Do you agree should be changed? Who can do it?

Regards.

[1] http://plugins.qgis.org/

--
Giuseppe Sucameli