[Qgis-developer] Re: show grid on map canvas (similiar to grid used in composer) - strategy?

John Donovan mersey.viking at gmail.com
Mon May 14 04:43:27 PDT 2012

On 13 May 2012 22:49, Etienne Tourigny <etourigny.dev at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> there have been a number of interesting suggestions, I will try to
> summarize them this week.

> Basically I think there could be 2 concurrent and complementary ways
> to implement grids:
>
> 1) basic grid in core, similar to what is already in the composer map
> (and in my branch)
> 2) more refined grid(s) as plugin/vector layers, whose rendering order
> can be fine-tuned

Nice work Etienne! Over the weekend, I've knocked up a little plugin
of the second type - a plugin layer that uses the new symbology
system.

It's marked as experimental, and there are a few things on the TODO
list, but it can be found in my plugin repo:
http://109.123.122.13/qgis/plugins.xml

One of the todo's is saving the styling information - I can't find
where I can get the XML of the symbol for my writeXml() function. Any
ideas?

Regards,
John

--
One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly
making exciting discoveries. - AA Milne