[Qgis-developer] Re: Removing old labelling

kfj _kfj at yahoo.com
Mon May 14 11:17:02 PDT 2012

Nathan Woodrow wrote

> Any objections for removing the old labelling stuff?
> Is there anything the old one can do the new one can't?

I have several issues with the new labelling engine.

- I can only set an angle if I also set x and y coordinates (which I have to
artificially add as fields to my data, since they are only in the geometry
initially)
- the labels aren't placed precisely where they should be
- and, finally, as I noted just now, I can't create upside-down labels, as I
have described in
  http://hub.qgis.org/issues/5593

I'd propose the new labelling engine is worked over. I have seen others
complain that it doesn't do as they expect. I can't use it for the reasons
given above, so I'd have a hard time if the old engine was removed.

Kay