[Qgis-developer] 'reload' a layer

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Wed May 16 08:31:32 PDT 2012

Hi list, does anyone know of a clever way to (programmatically) reload
a layer without actually removing it and re-adding it to the layer
list. Some context: I have a layer that sometimes gets updated by an
external application, and I want to be able to 'refresh' the layer
from the Python console to reflect these changes (new features,
deleted features, new attributes, etc.). I *could* simply load the
layer again, but I'm hoping there is a more efficient way to do this
(also I want to keep the current styling, layer order, unique layer
id, etc).

Any thoughts/ideas? Note: assume we are working with a spatialite layer for now.

Carson

--
Dr. Carson J. Q. Farmer
Centre for GeoInformatics (CGI)